Zoning Ordinance Revisions
The City's 2030 Comprehensive Plan Update was recently approved by the Metropolitan Council and subsequently adopted by the City. Now, the City must revise its Zoning Code in order to ensure it is consistent with what is guided in the Comprehensive Plan.
In the near future, staff or a consultant may be drafting a new Zoning Ordinance. Ultimately, the community will have the opportunity to provide feedback on the draft Ordinance before it is considered for approval by the appropriate City Boards. Please stay tuned for more details.
Existing Zoning Ordinance and Map
The City's Zoning Ordinance is Chapter 153 in the City Code. The Zoning Ordinance is comprised of nine major areas:
- Sections 153.001-153.010: General Provisions
- Sections 153.020-153.022: Zoning Districts and Maps
- Sections 153.035-153.040: Zoning Districts; Requirements and Uses
- Sections 153.050-153.060: General Requirements and Development Standards
- Sections 153.070-153.080: Off-street Parking
- Sections 153.090-153.099: Signs
- Sections 153.110-153.118: Planned Unit Developments
- Sections 153.130-153.131: Non-conforming Structures, Uses, and Lots
- Sections 153.145-153.161: Administration and Enforcement
Click here to search the actual Zoning Ordinance within the City Code.
Click here to view Osseo's Zoning Map.